Medicare has changed the documentation and coding guidelines for 2017. The Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) is the most significant overhaul since Medicare began in 1965. Documentation requirements have been clarified and audits have increased as a result. Dr. Fucinari will give us an overview of the Medicare changes and how your documentation is now more important than ever to meet those requirements. These significant changes will impact the chiropractic office and the way you practice.
What we will discuss:
- OIG Reports on Chiropractic
- The OIG Work Plan for 2017
- The NEW Audits by Strategic Health Solutions
- Merit- Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- What is the future of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act?
- The NEW Medicare Treatment Plan Guidelines
- Questions and Answers
Mario Fucinari, DC, CCSP, CPCO, MCS-P, MCS-I is a Certified Medical Compliance Specialist and member of the Medicare Carrier Advisory Committee. He is a frequent speaker for NCMIC, Foot Levelers, ACOM Health and many state organizations.